Striking the balance between content that is informative to your visitors and captures search engine attention is crucial in driving traffic to your website.
Great content has the ability to engage a web visitor, whilst bad content can deter a visitor just as fast. So, what makes great content? We’ve all heard the expression ‘Content is King’, but how do you go about getting your content read by an audience who can engage with it?
The key is to make sure you have a Content Strategy, which focuses on high quality, relevant, and compelling content from the word go. Of course creating well thought out content is just the first part, it also needs to appeal to the likes of Google, Yahoo and Bing. That’s why it is important to consider the following:
- Links: create links to related pages on your website
- Images: remember to include images with unique names and don’t forget to use keywords for images to help improve search optimization.
- Alt text: include brief alt text in your image tags
- Keywords: include keywords for your web pages
- Videos: embed videos uploaded to social media sites including YouTube, Metacafe, Vimeo etc.
- Audio: include podcasts or audio messages to help encourage visitor interaction
If you’re interested in letting us help with your content strategy, contact us today to find out a little bit more about our web-based solutions and how these could benefit you. Get in touch by visiting our contact page or if you already know what you want, fill in our web project planner to get the ball rolling.